Food manufacturers are invited to join the Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program. This Certification Program assists consumers suffering from IBS to readily identify and select low FODMAP food choices in the supermarket. Only foods which meet our FODMAP criteria are eligible for inclusion.
Food manufacturers who join the program pay an annual fee. This fee covers the cost of administering the program, with all remaining funds supporting the department's major research program focused on the use of the diet to treat IBS.
Certification program membership will enable food manufacturers to:
- Have their brand specific product information (including product pictures and website details) listed in the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app
- Display the Monash University Low FODMAP Certified stamp on food packaging
- Work with Monash University to formulate new food products that are low in FODMAPs
- Contributing to translating research into practice by offering consumers suffering from IBS greater food choice options. (IBS affects 15-20% of the population of Australia and the USA)
- Have a competitive market edge by building consumer confidence and brand recognition
- Obtain national and international recognition. (The Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app has been downloaded in over 100 countries, is number one in the paid medical category in Australia and has reached number one in the paid medical category in over 65 countries worldwide. More information on the app can be found here)
- Capacity to offer Monash University certified, differentiated and highly valued food products to consumers
- Linking with Monash University branding, a world leader in IBS research and the low FODMAP diet
There are fees associated with entry into the certification program. Funds generated through the certification program cover administrative costs associated with running this program. All remaining funds support the department's major research program focused on the dietary management of IBS.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Certification Program, please complete and email the application form and product information spreadsheet to email@example.com and a member of our team will contact you.